jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unregistering nodetypes, Name impl
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:45:22 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@netenviron.com> wrote:
> 2009/12/16 Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@netenviron.com>:
>> We might do soon, but isn't the automatic upgrade issue still
>> unresolved in beta4?
>
> Specifically this one;
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2243

We've already fixed most of the upgrade issues, so it might already
work just fine. I just haven't had a chance yet to verify this so the
bug isn't closed yet. It would be great if you or someone else could
test the upgrade and report back your results by commenting on the
JCR-2243 issue.

> What exactly is the issue with older repositories?

There have been some changes for example in how the persisted item
states refer to the declaring node types and other areas that had to
be updated to support new JCR 2.0 features. Not all of those changes
were backwards compatible at first, but we've been able to modify the
code so that it should work correctly also with Jackrabbit 1.x
repositories.

BR,

Jukka Zitting