jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filesystem versus PersistenceManager questions
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:52:37 GMT
>>> Personal I trust derby as a low overhead database with zero
>>> administration. It's not suitable if you have strong dba person which
>>> she/he may lose job:) You may use other db if:
>>> * Prepared to manage database.
>>> * Multi connection required (embedded db using single connection always)
>>> * Cluster your db
>>> * Huge db size
>>> * You application will use exist db along with jackrabbit
>>>

>> What do you mean that the embedded db can only have a single
>> connection?  If I run my repository in some server fashion, such as
>> RMI or SPI, can I still connect to the repository from two
>> applications at the same time?  Or is this the type of
>> multi-connection you are talking about.
>

> An embedded database is bound to a particular process, that is a single JackRabbit instance.
 So, if you are running JR as a server, then other applications will be able to access the
underlying data store via the JR server.

So, the problem would be if I were using embedded Jackrabbit in my
application?  In that case, I wouldn't be able to start another
Jackrabbit up off of the same repo home?