jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Filesystem versus PersistenceManager questions
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 23:28:07 GMT
I'm reading the PersistenceManager FAQ [1].  There's a part where it
discusses "What combination of FS and PM is the best choice?"  In
reading through this section I have a couple of questions:

1) I read elsewhere that the FS is only used for some administrative
stuff, like the search index and configuration.  Is this correct?  In
other words, the FS isn't a part of the storage for the actual repo
content, that's all done by the PM?

2) It appears as if there is no good file system backed PM . . . is
this accurate?  The bundleFsPM is described as non-production, read
only.  So, this kind of means that the FS is NOT a choice for backing
the content of my repo, correct?

3) Is the Derby PM considered production worthy?  Any reason not to use it?

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ