jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject RMI Shutdown
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:24:12 GMT
I'm creating my own server wrapper around a RMI exposed repository.
I'm trying to figure out how to properly write the shutdown method.

In my start up method, I do the following:

 RemoteRepository remote = factory.getRemoteRepository(repository);
 Registry reg = LocateRegistry.createRegistry(1100);
 reg.rebind("jackrabbit", remote);

In my shutdown method, I would like to follow RMI recommendations for
clean up.  This includes two steps:

1) UnicastRemoteObject.unexport ()
2) reg.unbind()

Since, the ServerRepository object itself extends UnicastRemoteObject,
I wonder if it takes care of step one itself.  Or perhaps there's some
higher level method for shutdown of the RMI'ness of the repository.

And, should I also call the JackrabbitRepository's shutdown method?  I
think not, since I'm using the TransientRepository.  Is this accurate?