jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Patricio Echag├╝e <patric...@gmail.com>
Subject Unlocking a node, locked by a jackrabbit instance that crashed (cluster of two instances)
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 22:28:56 GMT
Hi all, I'm running some test cases to figure out how to sort out this
issues, with no success so far.

Scenario: I have a cluster of  two jackrabbit (2.0) instances. Both using
the same MySql DB and BundlePersistenceManager.

JRA (Jackrabbit A) locks effectively a node with path "/nodeLockedFromA"
with a open-scoped lock. After this point JRA crashes.
Later, JRB(Jackrabbit B - different instance) try to acquire a lock for the
same node (path:"/nodeLockedFromA") with no success since that node was
locked for another session in another Jackrabbit instance(JRA) that crashed
previously leaving the node locked.

The node "/nodeLockedFromA" when I invoke lock.isAlive() returns true.

Is there any way to resolve this situation?
Could anyone give me a hint of how the code would look like?

Thanks a lot

--
Patricio.-