jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cox <crankydi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RepositoryCopier requires shutdown of source repositoy?
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 15:44:51 GMT
Guo Du wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 3:21 PM, Samuel Cox <crankydillo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> doing a restore (exploding the zip); however, if only reads are happening,
>> do I have to shutdown when doing the backup (creating the zip)?
>
> Yes you can. But not recommended especial for production system. It's
> related to underline database. If you use the default derby db,
> following doc may help you do the backup properly:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/dm-0502thalamati/index.html

Sorry, I should have specified that I am using Derby.  Thanks for the
article.

I probably won't be issuing any command directly to the underyling Derby
DB (i.e. SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_FREEZE_DATABASE()).

If it isn't production-quality to copy the db during reads, I'll either
perform a shutdown or use the RepositoryCopier from Jackrabbit 1.6,
which would allow me to backup during read access.

Thanks.

--
Samuel Cox