jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dennis van der Laan <d.g.van.der.l...@rug.nl>
Subject Unable to start second node in a cluster
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:05:19 GMT
Hi,

I have two identical machines (A and B) running Jackrabbit 1.6.0 on
Tomcat 6.0. I made an empty folder on each machine, containing only a
repository.xml file, again both identical (using System properties to
set the cluster ID). The repository configuration uses a bundle PM
(Oracle 10g database) and a local filesystem for all components.

When I start A, the repository tables are created in the database and
all works well. After the repository is initialized, I add some custom
namespaces and nodetypes, and create a basic folder hierarchy.
Then, when I start B, I get the following exception:

java.io.IOException: Directory was previously created with a different
LockFactory instance; please pass null as the lockFactory instance and use
setLockFactory to change it
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.getDirectory(FSDirectory.java:192)

When I stop both A and B, and starting them again, A can startup again
but B still gives the exception.

I removed all tables from the database and re-created the repository
folders on both machines and inverted the startup: first I started B and
then I started A. Now B starts up fine, but A gives the exception.

In the LOCAL_REVISIONS table I can see both cluster instances add their
revision (revision 12 for the started repository and 0 for the failed
repository).

What am I doing wrong here? I found an issue involving LockFactory
exceptions, but they all had to do with starting and stopping multiple
repositories in the same VM or concurrently on the same machine.

Thanks,
Dennis

--
Dennis van der Laan