jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Dennis van der Laan <d.g.van.der.l...@rug.nl>
Subject Re: bundle PM versus db PM
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:25:16 GMT
Guo Du wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Dennis van der Laan
> <d.g.van.der.laan@rug.nl> wrote:
>
>> db PM? What's the difference? And should the javadoc not contain some
>> information about how these two implementations relate to one another?
>>

> BundlePersistenceManager: The state and all property states of one
> node are stored together in one record.
> SimpleDbPersistenceManager: persists ItemState NodeReferences objects
> using a simple custom binary serialization format and a very basic
> non-normalized database schema.
>
> The difference for singe node would be you will get one row for
> BundlePersistenceManager and possible multi rows for
> SimpleDbPersistenceManager.
>
> You may find more details from following two javadocs:
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.AbstractBundlePersistenceManager
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.db.SimpleDbPersistenceManage

Thanks Guo Du, but I had already found the javadoc. The point is, both
classes may explain HOW they work, but it's unclear for me which one is
the most appropriate one to use. I guess, if there are more read-actions
or more large item state changes, the Bundle PM would be the most
efficient, and if there are more small item state changes (single
property changes?), the SimpleDB PM would be more efficient, correct?

Dennis

--
Dennis van der Laan