jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RMI Shutdown
Date Wed, 02 Dec 2009 06:56:18 GMT
Hi,

ChadDavis schrieb:
>> The ServerRepository does not implement the JackrabbitRepository
>> interface, in fact the jcr-rmi libray does not contain an implementation
>> of that, thus there is no "official" shutdown method in this context
>> (would probably be an interesting extension, though).
>>

> What exactly does the JackrabbitRepository.shutdown method do?  I
> mean, since the RMI package doesn't even use it.

AFAITC the method is implemented in the JackrabbitRepositoryImpl class
to actually shutdown the repository.

In the RMI context, I could very well imagine the ServerRepository to
implement a shutdown method by unregistering and unexporting the
repository. Whether the ServerRepository should implement the
JackrabbitRepository interface or not, I am not really sure....

Regards
Felix