jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Bunge <b...@crimson.ch>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit support (paid or otherwise)
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 09:22:40 GMT
Hi Samuel

> We're creating a decent-sized dependency on a functioning JSR-170
> implementation (Jackrabbit).  As such, we're curious about the level of
> support we can get.
>
> I'm unaware of anything outside of what is published from the Jackrabbit
> site (this mailing list).  Does anyone else know of anything else?

Probably the only commercial provider of a dedicated JSR-170
implementation is Day with their CRX product [1]. CRX is essentially a
repackaged Jackrabbit with additional tools, a (pretty neat) TAR based
PersistenceManager and commercial support. Day actually lead the
JSR-170 and JSR-283 specifiications and a lot (most?) of the
Jackrabbit developers actually work there.

There are some other products that have JCR support, but the level and
quality of implementation is rather mixed, IMHO [2]

Cheers,
Philipp

[1] http://www.day.com/day/en/products/crx.html
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks#Other_JCR_implementations