jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sunil Dhage <sunil.dh...@coreobjects.com>
Subject RE: Error Updating a node
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 09:32:40 GMT
Hi Cesar,

It may be because the node, which you are trying to checkout is not versionable. or the former
version does not have a primary property associated with that.

>From javadocs:  Node will throw ItemNotFoundException  if this node does not have a primary
child item, either because none is declared in the node type or because a declared primary
item is not present on this node instance.

please double check whether the node actually have a primary property.
if yes, then did you set the property at the time of node addition.  i.e. before update.

/Sunil Dhage
From: CesarX [cingaruca@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 10:08 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Error Updating a node

Hi everybody,

i'm using jackrabbit with liferay 5.1, it was very good but 3 weeks ago when
i want to do an update of anyfile, my console show the next error:

this error appear in any cases and other files are normal.
 com.liferay.portal.SystemException: javax.jcr.ItemNotFoundException:
38dfef6e-ecd2-470e-bd47-bb459f57d683

        at
com.liferay.documentlibrary.util.JCRHook.updateFile(JCRHook.java:626)

        at
com.liferay.documentlibrary.service.impl.DLLocalServiceImpl.updateFile(DLLocalServiceImpl.java:187)
        at
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.service.impl.DLFileEntryLocalServiceImpl.updateFileEntry(DLFileEntryLocalServiceImpl.java:906)
        at
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.service.impl.DLFileEntryLocalServiceImpl.updateFileEntry(DLFileEntryLocalServiceImpl.java:732)
        at
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.service.DLFileEntryLocalServiceUtil.updateFileEntry(DLFileEntryLocalServiceUtil.java:454)
        at
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.action.EditFileEntryAction.updateFileEntry(EditFileEntryAction.java:308)
        at
com.liferay.portlet.documentlibrary.action.EditFileEntryAction.processAction(EditFileEntryAction.java:103)
        at
com.liferay.portal.struts.PortletRequestProcessor.process(PortletRequestProcessor.java:178)
        at
com.liferay.portlet.StrutsPortlet.processAction(StrutsPortlet.java:197)

i have done a debug and i found the error appear in this line:
session = JCRFactoryUtil.createSession();

                        Node rootNode = getRootNode(session, companyId);
                        Node repositoryNode = getFolderNode(rootNode, repositoryId);
                        Node fileNode = repositoryNode.getNode(fileName);
                        Node contentNode = fileNode.getNode(JCRConstants.JCR_CONTENT);

                        contentNode.checkout();//ERROR IS HERE

                        contentNode.setProperty(JCRConstants.JCR_MIME_TYPE, "text/plain");
                        contentNode.setProperty(JCRConstants.JCR_DATA, is);
                        contentNode.setProperty(
                                JCRConstants.JCR_LAST_MODIFIED, Calendar.getInstance());

                        session.save();