jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From mitziuro <mitzi...@gmail.com>
Subject Model data problem
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 10:56:39 GMT
Hi,

I don't know how to represent the data in my repository.
Now i have a document node that contains a file as data ( >nt:resource) but
i want to extend the functionality for more files.
How should i represent the structure of nodes so when i want the version 1.x
of the document node i want to see the content of the files at that time.

For example if i create a new node (let's say my:file), and a document
contains one or more nodes of this type.
When i do a checkout, checkin operation (and i modify the content of one or
more my:file nodes) on the document node the version created will contain
references to the old content of the my:file nodes ?
A possibility is to make versions for every my:file node when i'm creating a
new version for the document node (so when i want the version 1.5 of the
document to take version 1.5 of the file) but i'll have problems when i'll
try to delete or add new my:file nodes
Is there another way ?

Thank you,
mitziuro