jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From summon <dd_summo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question on CND syntax regarding Collections
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:58:07 GMT

Hi there,

I've run into a problem with Jackrabbit's CND syntax I can't seem to figure
out.

I'm trying to insert a JavaBean into the Jackrabbit repository using an
ObjectContentManager. As one attribute I have a property List<String>
attribute which I annotated as @Collection.

The corresponding node type that I have defined in a CND and successfully
registered in the repository, contains an attribute with the same name as
follows:

- attribute (string) multiple

The error I'm getting is the following:

org.apache.jackrabbit.ocm.exception.ObjectContentManagerException: Cannot
insert collection field : attribute of class
de.fraunhofer.igd.knowledgegrid.vo.grid.KomponenteBeschreibung. Constraint
violation.; nested exception is
javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: no definition found in
parent node's node type for new node: no matching child node definition
found for {}attribute

Does that mean Collections must be matched with a new child node? And if so,
how does that child node have to look like (in terms of CND syntax) if it
represents a List<String>?