jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@day.com>
Subject Re: David's Model question : nt:unstructured and SNS
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 22:21:37 GMT
hi,

2009/11/13 Fran├žois Cassistat <f@maya-systems.com>:
> David's Model gives good advices and I already followed his suggestions.
>
> However, there is something I don't understand. He says "Learn to love nt:unstructured
(& friends) in development." (and I think he is right) and later, "Beware of Same Name
Siblings (SNS)". But, in the documentation, nt:unstructured allows SNS.

> Is there an easy way to disallow SNS other than defining a new node type and setting
all new nodes in this type, so I can get ItemExistException on save to prevent SNS from happening?

unfortunately not an easy one like changing the configuration. i see
the following options:
1) create your own "nt:unstructured"
2) create a wrapper around the JCR interface and do the check yourself
in 'addNode() and move()'. theoretically there are many more places
you need to check - but those are the most common ones.
3) hack the builtin_nodtypes.cnd and change the definition of
nt:unstructured. but i strongly discourage doing this. you're probably
have a lot of problems later.

regards, toby