jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: David's Model question : nt:unstructured and SNS
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:15:27 GMT
Hi Ard,

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> ...Just wondering: where does jackrabbit-ocm fit in then? I do not have
> that much experience with it, but it feels like JCR-to-object to me.
> Only use it when your really really have to :-)))?...

Actually...yes and no.

After rereading this thread I'd say something like "if you're coming
from a relational world where object-to-DB mapping is the norm, think
twice before using it in the JCR world. You might not need it, as the
JCR API is much closer to what you need at the content application
level".

-Bertrand