jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: David's Model question : nt:unstructured and SNS
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:17:40 GMT
2009/11/16 Fran├žois Cassistat <f@maya-systems.com>:
> ...I see this from a RAD and object database perspective.
>
> OCM provides a sort of CRUD interface on objects. Defining an object is
> simple and fast, then you specify the location and begin using it. No need
> to worry about structures and everything. Maybe OCM have limitations and is
> not optimal, but software is written fast and easier to be changed. This is
> perfect for iterative development where changes are likely to be asked...

Thanks for sharing your point of view, and if that works for you we
shouldn't say you're doing the wrong thing!

I'm coming from a content management point of view where JCR fits very
nicely in the picture as is, with (IMHO) no need for extra layers. But
your example shows that depending on your environment and goals,
there's space for OCM.

-Bertrand