jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: David's Model question : nt:unstructured and SNS
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:08:57 GMT
wow! What a healthy discussion I've fired! :-)

My use of DAO (as in DATA Access Object) is to abstract the (granted,
small, *but* only when you've got used to it) complexities of JCR API
to to-be users of my storage (store, retrieve, findByXXX, etc.)
classes while controlling the properties the nt:unstructured nodes of
my system can have.

It's not (at least in my case) used as a DB replacement, nor with any
OCM tools, just a plain store(FilePlusMetadata myObject) kind of
thing, where FilePlusMetadata has both the file to store and the
properties I want to store about it, there's no room for a potential
developer (re)using storage to be able to store other properties
appart from the ones I'm interested into.

I also think that JCR is suited as an OCM solution... or else don't
just ask to add another rule to David's Model, ask also to remove the
OCM-related packages/API (please don't! I'm sure many users use 'em
;))

Thanks

--
Fabián Mandelbaum