jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <mhnd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tmp files filling up tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 13:15:49 GMT
Do you use a bundle persistence manager? If so, you can try to set the
cache size of the bundle cache to 0. The bundle PMs have a cache that
is not managed by the CacheManager. Use:

          <param name="bundleCacheSize" value="0" />

(Add this in the repository.xml and in the workspace.xml files).

Best regards,
Martijn

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
> As I said in my previous message, it seems to keep the cache small at the
> beginning and the amount of this binary files become bigger and bigger...
> I tried to change the values of the cache manger, it looks that it makes
> absolutely no effects! I still have very quickly hundreds MB of binxxx.tmp
> files.
> Regards,
> Julien
>

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ok thanks for your advise, I'll give it a try...
>> Regards,
>> Julien
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Martijn Hendriks <mhndrks@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Julien,
>>>
>>> You can try to set the CacheManager values for cache sizes to 0 and to
>>> set the resize interval to say 10 ms. In that way your caches are kept
>>> small very aggresively.
>>>
>>> Deleting the files older than 30 minutes will give broken properties
>>> in Jackrabbit. But if you only read them once directly after retrieval
>>> then this might just work in your situation.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Martijn

My source

If so,