jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <mhnd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tmp files filling up tomcat
Date Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:36:41 GMT
Hi Julien,

You can try to set the CacheManager values for cache sizes to 0 and to
set the resize interval to say 10 ms. In that way your caches are kept
small very aggresively.

Deleting the files older than 30 minutes will give broken properties
in Jackrabbit. But if you only read them once directly after retrieval
then this might just work in your situation.

Best regards,
Martijn

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to bother you with that but I really need to fix this issue ASAP... My
> importation process is suppose to run the whole week end but now the server
> crashes every time after two hours. Moving the temporary directory to a fs
> with a lot of storage isn't a good solution for my situation...
>
> What if I delete the files on disk which are older than 30 minutes for
> instance? Would it work or I still have chance to get broken properties?
>
> What are the minimal value for the cache manager?
>
> Best regards,
> Julien
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Could you provide more details as described in
>> http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/QuestionsAndAnswers "Reporting
>> Problems", specially:
>>
>> * The configuration (repository.xml and all workspace.xml files).
>> * The versions of the Jackrabbit jar files you use (the list of all
>> jar file names).
>>
>> What would also help a lot is a simple, standalone test case that
>> reproduces the problem.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Thomas
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Martijn,
>> >
>> > There are many tiny files. The biggest files are about 230K.
>> >
>> > The thing which is weird is that the size grows and decrease when I start
>> > parsing the WebDav. It goes up to ~30MB and then down again to ~2MB. So
>> this
>> > behavior let thinks that the cache manager deletes the files which are no
>> > longer used...  But after a moment the size increase indefinitely.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Julien

>> the

>> julienpoffet@gmail.com