jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Martijn Hendriks <mhnd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tmp files filling up tomcat
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:33:42 GMT
Hi Julien,

Do these files look like bin1965159231182123515.tmp? If so, these are
the contents of binary properties which are cached by Jackrabbit and I
know no way to avoid them. These files should be deleted automatically
when the associated properties are garbage collected. If you have a
lot of big binary properties the contents on disk can indeed grow very
fast. I know of two workarounds: (i) point the java.io.tmpdir to an fs
with a lot of space, and (ii) configure smaller cache sizes in
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.state.CacheManager (available through a
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl instance).

Btw, have you tried to use the import/export API for migrating your content?

Best regards,
Martijn