jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: How to implement given scenario?
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:19:06 GMT
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 01:29, Nachiket <nachiket@logicwind.com> wrote:
> I am evaluating  JCR and JackRabbit for a CMS (sort of) website.

Perfect match ;-)

> Can anyone suggest, how to implement following scenario?
> There will be nodes like
>
> myweb/user
> myweb/book
>
> One user has few books in "virtual book self"  so I want to show List of
> Book Links (or summary view) on User home page.. but when I click on That
> book.. I can see that book page.. book details.. comments by others... and
> most importantly "List of Users who has that book..."
>
> I am very impressed by Neo4J support for Graph.. I really liked it..
>
> But, I feel  JCR (JSR) will benefit more in longer run (and you know it's
> Apache project)
>
> so, Please share your views for given scenario.

Have you looked at Apache Sling (http://sling.apache.org/)? It's a
simple web framework on top of JCR and would perfectly fit your needs.

I also recommend to take a look at David's model:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel

> (few pointers: if it is possible with JackRabbit 1.6 then how? Or possible
> with only JackRabbit 2.0? How? )

>From a content model perspective, which IMHO your question is mostly
about, there is no difference between 1.x and 2.0 (which supports the
JCR 2.0 standard).

Regards,
Alex

--