jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: question about xpath on not saved nodes
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 16:11:00 GMT
On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 01:16, Luiz Fernando Teston
<feu.teston@caravelatech.com> wrote:
> I'm a core developer of a project that uses JCR a lot. We are using
> JackRabbit as our implementation and it works very well for us on a lot of
> situations.
> I don't know if I did something wrong, but this is what happens on my
> environment:
> Working on the same opened Jcr Session, I just added a node and tried to
> retrieve it using xpath. It doesn't retrieve its node. But if I save this
> node before doing the xpath it works.

A JCR 1.0 query always searches the persisted storage only:

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/6.6.7_Search_Scope.html

JCR 2.0 adds a "*may* search transient space as well" statement,
however, that is not support by Jackrabbit 2.0 and its Lucene search
index implementation:

http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/6_Query.html#6.5%20Search%20Scope

The complexity of having such a separate full-text index for each
session, which must be merged with the persistent index, outweighs the
very few uses for it - at least I haven't seen a case where you'd
wanted to search the transient space. Since the application created
that transient data itself, there is rarely the need to search in
that.

Regards,
Alex

--