jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: branch or tag
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 18:19:40 GMT
On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 01:44, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> If I want to checkout a certain version of a release, say 1.6, to
> peruse and build in my local workspace.  Should I checkout from
> branch/1.6 or tag/1.6?  I assume it's tag, but I'm not accustomed to
> an organized build process ;)
> Isn't the branch/1.6 an moving target?  I.e. this is where bug fixes
> and other maintenance development get's done.
> And isn't the tag/1.6 a frozen code snapshot?

Releases are tagged under jackrabbit/tags/<version-number> and must
not change (although svn wouldn't prevent modification of that

Branches are there for additional patch releases (eg. 1.6.x) and thus
are a moving target, eg. the 1.5 branch at
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/branches/1.5/ had quite a
lot of releases, up to 1.5.7 by now. See

1.6 didn't yet have a patch release.

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message