jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: LazyItemIterator
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 11:37:03 GMT
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 16:45, MMax <Maxim.Musin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried using spi2dav way but I saw great performance decreasing. RMI
> working 10 times faster on the same repository operations.

I think the real improvement comes with spi2davex [1] which actually
does a lot of batch operations. You can configure it on the client
side which node depth to pre-fetch to minimize the following number of
operations (see config example in [2] createService() with the
BatchReadConfig). Most importantly, all write operations will happen
in a single POST upon a save() call. I think with the spi2dav you
still have many single POSTs for every single property, that's why it
is still slow.

Also, to make your life simpler, you can use jcr2spi on top of
spi2davex to use the standard jcr api. You create an
o.a.j.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl and pass it an
o.a.j.jcr2spi.config.RepositoryConfig which will have to return the
spi (in this case spi2davex) in its getRepositoryService() method.
Also, you can configure caching/polling behaviour here for the work
between jcr api and spi.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.6.0/jackrabbit-spi2dav/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/spi2davex/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.6.0/jackrabbit-spi2dav/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/spi2davex/RepositoryStubImpl.java
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.6.0/jackrabbit-jcr2spi/
[4] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.6.0/jackrabbit-jcr2spi/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/jcr2spi/RepositoryImpl.java
[5] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/tags/1.6.0/jackrabbit-jcr2spi/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/jcr2spi/config/RepositoryConfig.java

Note: all the above links are for the latest stable release in 1.6.0.
Jackrabbit 2.0 will have a simpler way of getting a repository using
the JSR-283 standardized RepositoryFactory, which has a generic helper
implementation in the new jcr-client lib [6]. See the test cases for
more sample usage [7]

[6] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-client/
[7] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/trunk/jackrabbit-jcr-client/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/client/RepositoryFactoryImplTest.java

I need to put this on the website or wiki...

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek