jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: JCR-RMI, SPI, WEBDAV, and Sling's REST
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:05:52 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 22:53, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps you are interested in this?
>>
>> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.html
>

> I am interested in that.  However, I've read that it's performance is
> horrible.  Are you familiar with the performance?

It is not horrible by default. Depending on your use cases it might be
sufficient.

> Also, in the example code it doesn't show how to properly create a
> repository.  I did find some slightly more complete code on the WIKI,
> but it uses the TransientRepository, which seems like a tutorial only
> type thing.

The TransientRepository is not a tutorial-type thing, it's to be used
when you want to run Jackrabbit in your standalone application.

For webapp scenarios there is the jackrabbit-webbapplication
deployment which includes a servlet that starts up the repository and
registers it under JNDI etc. See
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-web-application.html

To play around, the standalone server is a good start. See
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html

See also http://jackrabbit.apache.org/first-hops.html and
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html

Regards,