jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: LazyItemIterator
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:47:52 GMT
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:24, MMax <Maxim.Musin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get properties for all child nodes of the root node in
> repository. But when I'm iterating through javax.jcr.Node.getProperties() it
> seems to request each property value from repository because of
> LazyItemIterator interface type which this PropertyIterator implements. Is
> there any way to get all property values to be loaded during one request for
> each node?

If you use a bundle persistence manager (recommended by default), this
will be the case as nodes are stored as bundles together with their
properties. The only exception might be (larger) binaries that are
stored in separate blobs or in a datastore.

> I'm using rmi way of connection through jcr-rmi lib and
> JackRabbitClientAdapterFactory.

Well, in this case things are different, since they have to be fetched
across the wire. The RMI way of remoting is not very good with
performance. As another choice, there is the webdav / davex way to do
remoting using the jcr webdav server and jcr2spi and spi2dav(ex) on
the client side.

Regards,
Alex

--