jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: xpath
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 18:25:18 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 17:38, nch <underscore_dot@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Jackrabbit and I'm having some problems to understand how xpath works here.
> If I have the following hierarchy:
> /test (jcr:folder)
> + file1.txt (jcr:file)
> + file2.txt (jcr:file)
>
> then I can retrieve all nodes in /test by means of the following xpath expression "/jcr:root/test/*"
>
> But, if I have the following:
> /test (jcr:directory)
>
> + file1.txt
>
> + file2.txt
>
> + newfolder (jcr:folder)
>
> then, the previous xpath expression does not yield any nodes.
> Any explanations for this?

It should be the same. Was there any error?

BTW: What are "jcr:directory", "jcr:file" and "jcr:folder" - custom
nodetypes? I suggest to use the standard nt:folder and nt:file.

BTW2: If you simply want to list child nodes at a given path, as your
xpath query does, I suggest to use JCR API navigation, rather then the
search. It will be simpler and faster. But of course this depends on
your application.

Regards,
Alex

--