jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Luiz Fernando Teston <feu.tes...@caravelatech.com>
Subject Re: question about xpath on not saved nodes
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 19:54:15 GMT
Alexander,

I was thinking it should be possible because of this:
http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/1.0/8.1.3_Save_vs._Commit.html
I have the following scenario: I work on a software which parses a lot of
data and store its resulted metadata on jcr. The stored metadata is very
complex and we need to do some complex search during a massive data
inclusion. This search should see everything that was already included on
this session, but it should not reflect in the "saved data" until it
finishes.
The first workaround we did was to create different versions and only do a
check in where this work is in a valid state. This approach seems to work
well on a single thread environment, but on multi thread environment it
throws some errors when dealing with the same nodes on different threads,
since each thread had its own version state.
I don't know if there's any other way to isolate the changes until a given
state, but doing xpath queries on this transient data. Do you know anyway to
achieve that isolation doing xpath on this transient data?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Fernando Teston