jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julien Poffet <julienpof...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tmp files filling up tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:09:47 GMT
Hi Martijn,

There are many tiny files. The biggest files are about 230K.

The thing which is weird is that the size grows and decrease when I start
parsing the WebDav. It goes up to ~30MB and then down again to ~2MB. So this
behavior let thinks that the cache manager deletes the files which are no
longer used...  But after a moment the size increase indefinitely.

Cheers,
Julien

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Martijn Hendriks <mhndrks@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> Deleting the files on disk will not work. Then you get broken
> properties in the Jackrabbit caches. Are there many files in your temp
> dir, or just a couple of big ones?
>
> Best regards,
> Martijn
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Martijn,
> > I tried to setup minimal values to the cache manager:
> > CacheManager cm = repository.getCacheManager();
> > cm.setMaxMemory(16 * 1024);
> > cm.setMaxMemoryPerCache(8 * 1024);
> > cm.setMinMemoryPerCache(1024);
> > cm.setMinResizeInterval(500);
> > Even with this settings my temp directory grows quickly up to 1 GB...
> > Another questions, why Jackrabbit do not recreate these cache files if
> they
> > are deleted. I tried to remove them but then the WebDav can't render the
> > files any more. I was supposing that if the cache file is missing, it
> should
> > be created again?
> > Thanks for the JIRA,
> > Best Regards,
> > Julien
> > On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:42 AM, Martijn Hendriks <mhndrks@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Julien,
> >>
> >> Ok, I see why you choose another approach. I created an issue for
> >> this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2407
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Martijn

> automatically