jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Paul PODGORSEK <the_wizard_of_wind...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat stops responding due to too many requests - using Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:57:02 GMT

Hi,

Have you tried launching your server in debug mode? Can you monitor how many threads are running
at the same time?
Could you also send your repository configuration please?

I have had the same kind of symptoms with one of my apps due to  synchronized methods in the
AbstractBundlePersistenceManager class (too many threads were waiting to acquire a lock).
The CPU wasn't used very much, as most threads were only waiting for their lock. I finally
got round this problem by using a second cache level (with ehcache).
If you indeed have the same kind of issue, you will probably have problems because you are
often writing in the repository, not only reading. Maybe someone else on this mailing list
could help you out for that?

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Paul.