jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Medha C Sutaria <msuta...@csc.com>
Subject jackrabbit configuration in clustered environment
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2009 07:39:47 GMT
Hi,

We are using Jackrabbit (version 1.4.1) with liferay (version 5.2.2). It
uses the following configuration -
JCRHook + PersistenceManager + File system

The file system is stored on a local folder of the same machine where the
application is running.

Now we want to cluster our application, for which we need to share the
jackrabbit repository. Tried to find a lot of solutions for this, but
couldn't zero down on the best solution for this. We need to decide which
combination of congifurations is the best for clustering and high
performance -
JCRHook vs FileSystemHook?
PersistenceManager vs Datastore?
FileSystem vs Database?
if filesystem, sharing the file system? or using SAN?

More concerns -
1. To select a different solution, migration of current documents to the
new solutions has to be done
2. The repository is increasing exponentially. The file system size is
already 10 GB. Does jackrabbit support such large repositories? At what
point will the performance start degrading?
3. What will it take to upgrade the jackrabbit version from 1.4 to 1.6?
Will be require any migration?

Thanks and regards,
Medha Sutaria