jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: tmp files filling up tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:25:25 GMT
Hi,

Could you provide more details as described in
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/QuestionsAndAnswers "Reporting
Problems", specially:

* The configuration (repository.xml and all workspace.xml files).
* The versions of the Jackrabbit jar files you use (the list of all
jar file names).

What would also help a lot is a simple, standalone test case that
reproduces the problem.

Regards,
Thomas

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
> There are many tiny files. The biggest files are about 230K.
>
> The thing which is weird is that the size grows and decrease when I start
> parsing the WebDav. It goes up to ~30MB and then down again to ~2MB. So this
> behavior let thinks that the cache manager deletes the files which are no
> longer used...  But after a moment the size increase indefinitely.
>
> Cheers,
> Julien
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Martijn Hendriks <mhndrks@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> Deleting the files on disk will not work. Then you get broken
>> properties in the Jackrabbit caches. Are there many files in your temp
>> dir, or just a couple of big ones?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Martijn
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM, Julien Poffet <julienpoffet@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Martijn,
>> > I tried to setup minimal values to the cache manager:
>> > CacheManager cm = repository.getCacheManager();
>> > cm.setMaxMemory(16 * 1024);
>> > cm.setMaxMemoryPerCache(8 * 1024);
>> > cm.setMinMemoryPerCache(1024);
>> > cm.setMinResizeInterval(500);
>> > Even with this settings my temp directory grows quickly up to 1 GB...
>> > Another questions, why Jackrabbit do not recreate these cache files if
>> they
>> > are deleted. I tried to remove them but then the WebDav can't render the
>> > files any more. I was supposing that if the cache file is missing, it
>> should
>> > be created again?
>> > Thanks for the JIRA,
>> > Best Regards,