jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From François Cassistat...@maya-systems.com>
Subject Re: JCR-RMI, SPI, WEBDAV, and Sling's REST
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 19:46:37 GMT
What's seems to make the JackRabbit RMI layer a little slow is that all jackrabbit operation
on session, node, etc. are passing by RMI and wait for the client to tell the next operation
to do. (This may be acceptable in certain cases, I think it is a great option since it is
really easy to set up.)

But since JackRabbit 2.0 does not support the RMI layer (yet), I am working on my own RMI
interface to discuss with my JCR utility functions I use in my project. I expect it should
give better performances since all nodes/session/properties operations and lazy iterations
will be made directly by the server.

If you succeed to separate the JCR operations from the of your project to add your own RMI
interface, it will make your code more modular and more JCR-independent.

Frank