jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mihai Vasilache <mihai_vasila...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JackRabbit (implementation-specific) Node.lock() behaviour
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 14:41:52 GMT
Thank you very much Toby!

________________________________
From: Tobias Bocanegra <tripod@day.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Mon, November 2, 2009 4:38:30 PM
Subject: Re: JackRabbit (implementation-specific) Node.lock() behaviour

hi,
jackrabbit does not unlock an open-scoped lock automatically.
regards, toby

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Mihai Vasilache
<mihai_vasilache@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello JackRabbit users!
>
> I am a little worried about some sentences in the JCR documentation about the open-scoped
lock:

> 1. In the javadoc at Lock.lock(boolean isDeep, boolean isSessionScoped) it says:
>      ...if false, this lock does not expire until explicitly unlocked or automatically
unlocked due to a implementation-specific limitation, such as a timeout.
> (http://www.day.com/maven/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-1.0/javax/jcr/Node.html#lock(boolean,%20boolean))
>
> 2. On the Day site (http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/17_Locking.html)
>     ...An open-scoped lock does not expire until it is explicitly unlocked, it times
out or an implementation-specific limitation intervenes.

> Someone know if JackRabbit automatically unlock a node in some conditions? Because in
the documentation is sayng something about a implementation-specific limitation....
> In my application, the behavior i want is that the administrator lock some nodes (and
maybe store the lock token in the node before logout) and i don't want the nodes to be unlocked
only if the administrator explicitly unlock that node.