jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Repository Creation questions
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 21:45:32 GMT
I'm looking at the standalone server code and I see that the creation
of the underlying repository does not use the factory pattern.  It
instead uses the create method of the RepositoryImpl class itselt.
Here's the code:

           repository = RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryConfig.create(
                    config.toURI(), home.getPath()));

Then, looking at the RepositoryFactoryImpl code, I see that it really
makes little difference.  Which leaves me a bit confused as to why one
would use the factory.  I suppose it's because it's more flexible, but
I'm unable to wrap my head around what that might mean, at this point.

So . . . if I'm going to create my own repository, what method is recommended?