jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-RMI, SPI, WEBDAV, and Sling's REST
Date Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:26:37 GMT
Thanks for your help.  I have another question below.

>>> The TransientRepository is not a tutorial-type thing, it's to be used
>>> when you want to run Jackrabbit in your standalone application.
>>>

>> It says that it destroys the repository when the last session expires,
>> then recreates the repo when another new session arises . . . this
>> seems kind of like a huge performance hit.  Maybe I'm
>> misunderstanding?
>
> That's an optimization, the underlying repository is the same. You can
> either keep one session open (for example for admin tasks or
> observation) or simply use the RepositoryImpl directly.

To clarify, you are saying that I need to keep a dummy session open to
avoid the overhead of repeated repository deletion and creation?

Also, I read another older post where someone suggests that the
TransientRepository is more appropriate from embedded deployments,
[1] and not remoting.  Is this accurate?

[1] http://markmail.org/search/?q=jackrabbit%20transient%20repository#query:jackrabbit%20transient%20repository+page:14+mid:575x4k3ausqsoezo+state:results