jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR-RMI, SPI, WEBDAV, and Sling's REST
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:53:44 GMT
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 22:53, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com> wrote:
>>> Perhaps you are interested in this?
>>>
>>> http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.html
>>

>> I am interested in that.  However, I've read that it's performance is
>> horrible.  Are you familiar with the performance?
>
> It is not horrible by default. Depending on your use cases it might be
> sufficient.

I think I'll use the JCR-RMI remoting for my initial proof of concept,
architectural testing.

>> Also, in the example code it doesn't show how to properly create a
>> repository.  I did find some slightly more complete code on the WIKI,
>> but it uses the TransientRepository, which seems like a tutorial only
>> type thing.
>
> The TransientRepository is not a tutorial-type thing, it's to be used
> when you want to run Jackrabbit in your standalone application.

It says that it destroys the repository when the last session expires,
then recreates the repo when another new session arises . . . this
seems kind of like a huge performance hit.  Maybe I'm
misunderstanding?