jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject JCR-RMI, SPI, WEBDAV, and Sling's REST
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 21:36:49 GMT
I'm having a hard time sorting out deployment information from the web
site.  In perusing the mailing list, I find people recommending WEBDAV
or Sling as alternatives to JCR-RMI for remote communication with the
repository.

I'm confused by this.  Basically, I want a reference to the Repository
object so I can code against the JCR API.  How, then, are these HTTP,
and other higher level protocols, seen as alternatives?

I want to know what my options are for deploying jackrabbit in it's
own JVM, then connecting to it and coding agains the JCR API.  Does
SPI provide this?  Surely, I can't get this from WEBDAV or Sling, can
I?

Thanks.