jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From ChadDavis <chadmichaelda...@gmail.com>
Subject deployment questions
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:29:00 GMT
I'm in the early stages of a Jackrabbit based project.  The existing
application, to which I'm adding a Jackrabbit based feature, is a web
application, running on Jetty.  From a pure operational point of view,
based upon our current circumstances, I initially thought we would
deploy according to model 3 [ref 1].  However, in reading the
standalone server docs [ref 2], I read things like "it's only for
development", "rmi is slow", etc.  This is odd because the deployment
model page [ref 1] describes this as the enterprise choice.

Additionally, I found reference in mailing list archives, the dev
list, to model 3 as the optimal usage for enterprise.  This email
referred to this as a future goal, but the email was old; maybe this
is the future ;)

So . . .

a) is the model 3 basically not good enough for production?
b) isn't SPI supposed to solve the networking dimension of
non-production performance?
c) what are my options?

1 http://jackrabbit.apache.org/deployment-models.html
2 http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html