jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dusausoy <bruno.dusau...@yp5.be>
Subject Re: Strategy to register new node types.
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:09:58 GMT
Philipp Bunge wrote:
> Hi All
>
> It would be cool if we could specify a list of CNDs in the
> repository.xml configuration file.
> Then Jackrabbit could ensure that the specified node types are
> registered on startup of the repository.

If you use Spring, maybe Spring Extension JCR can help you.
Seen on their website :

<bean id="jackrabbitSessionFactory"
class="org.springframework.extensions.jcr.jackrabbit.JackrabbitSessionFactory">
   <property name="nodeDefinitions">
     <list>
      <value>classpath:/nodeTypes/wikiTypes.cnd</value>
      <value>classpath:/nodeTypes/clientATypes.cnd</value>
     </list>
   </property>
</bean>

I really think it's a nice way to register node types. Of course, the
downside of it is that you must use Spring and Spring Extension JCR.

--
Bruno Dusausoy
YP5 Software