jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From nch <underscore_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xpath
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:07:26 GMT

  Sorry, I meant nt:file and nt:folder.
  I found I was swallowing an exception.

  Thanks!

--- El jue, 12/11/09, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> escribió:

De: Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>
Asunto: Re: xpath
Para: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Fecha: jueves, 12 de noviembre, 2009 19:25

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 17:38, nch <underscore_dot@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Jackrabbit and I'm having some problems to understand how xpath works here.
> If I have the following hierarchy:
> /test (jcr:folder)
> + file1.txt (jcr:file)
> + file2.txt (jcr:file)
>
> then I can retrieve all nodes in /test by means of the following xpath expression "/jcr:root/test/*"
>
> But, if I have the following:
> /test (jcr:directory)
>
> + file1.txt
>
> + file2.txt
>
> + newfolder (jcr:folder)
>
> then, the previous xpath expression does not yield any nodes.
> Any explanations for this?

It should be the same. Was there any error?

BTW: What are "jcr:directory", "jcr:file" and "jcr:folder" - custom
nodetypes? I suggest to use the standard nt:folder and nt:file.

BTW2: If you simply want to list child nodes at a given path, as your
xpath query does, I suggest to use JCR API navigation, rather then the
search. It will be simpler and faster. But of course this depends on
your application.

Regards,
Alex

--