jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From paksegu <paks...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: David's Content Modeling Question
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:39:15 GMT
Thanks coming from the database world in terms of relationships and joins like if i want a
report of how many user did open their mail, clicked through links, bounce rate i am find
it hard to adapt the model to the JCR environment any pointers?
 Ransford Segu-Baffoe
Web Developer
paksegu@noqmx.com

Noqturnal MediaSystems
http://www.noqmx.com

________________________________
From: Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Mon, November 16, 2009 7:42:59 AM
Subject: Re: David's Content Modeling Question

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 09:27, paksegu <paksegu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> With the buzz around Data first and Nosql is JCR a favorable approach or a database since
most Email marketing apps are built on Database

Based on just the application goals and no detailed requirements, it's
hard to say what the best approach for you will be. But I can
definitely say that anything that works with content entered by
end-users from eg. marketing will change it's structure over time and
thus an unstructured approach like JCR is most likely better than a
relational database with a fixed schema.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek