jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Vidyadharan <rak...@sptci.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 or 2.0
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:35:53 GMT

On 10 Nov 2009, at 12:25:08 PM, ChadDavis wrote:

> 2) If I go with 1.6, how difficult will a later migration to 2.0 be?
> What are the factors?

I am currently working on migrating from 1.6 to 2 beta.  I do not have any data yet (just
code), but I assume XML import/export will work.  The major issue I ran into was that XPath
is deprecated in 2.0, so I have to rewrite all my queries.  It is a bit sad, since I preferred
the XPath syntax to SQL.

From what I have seen of the API (the parts that I have used), 2.0 has only added features.
 It is better now since you do have standard calls to manage workspaces (which I needed).

Rakesh