jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pkrishnaswami <prabhakar.krishnasw...@ge.com>
Subject Writing indexes takes a long time
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 00:10:27 GMT

We have observed that writing out JackRabbit indexes takes an unduly long
time and we suspect this could be because of payload indexing. I would like
some clarity on this. Here is the scenario:

We save custom Nodes in our repository. Our custom Node (call A) extends
nt:file and has many properties. In addition,we also make this custom node a
parent to another custom node (call B) that extends nt:resource. We have an
indexConfiguration file that specifically defines which properties in node
"A" will be indexed. Custom Node B only contains a binary representation of
XML or plain text contents (let call it payload). We specifically omitted an
index-rule for custom Node B since we did not want the payload to be
indexed, Would this disable indexing of payload?

I was reading up some documentation  of Nabble forum and there was a comment
in one of the posts that the default configuration disables full-text
indexing. What does this mean? It goes on to say that if full-text indexing
is required, then we have to configure a SearchIndex section in
repository.xml along with textFilterClasses property pointing to different
extractors. I looked up the repository.xml we were using and sure enough
there was a section like this:

	<SearchIndex

	</SearchIndex>

Does this activate payload indexing? If it does, does it override the
indexConfiguration file? If we didn't want payload indexing, should I
comment or remove the param related textFilterClasses?