jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Euan Green <euangr...@gmail.com>
Subject Garbage Collection not deleting until restart of server
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:21:27 GMT

Hi,

I am running garbage collection but it seems the files in the repository are
only removed after I restart my application server (Tomcat). I think there
may be a problem with removing items from the repository due to locking or
threading but I'm not sure. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'm using this code for Garbage Collection:

SessionImpl si = (SessionImpl)session;
GarbageCollector gc = si.createDataStoreGarbageCollector();
gc.scan();
gc.stopScan();
gc.deleteUnused();
gc.close();