jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@day.com>
Subject Re: should we have mixin type or add new non mandatory properties to the primary type node
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 10:01:57 GMT
hi,
i would add them as mixin, especially if the new properties belong to
a new semantic group. if you just forgot to add some properties  on
the primary, i would just add them there.

regards toby

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Vijay K Pandey <VPandey@mdes.ms.gov> wrote:
> Hello Users,
>
> We have been using JackRabbit in production env from last couple of years (currently
1.5) and we have around 5 million nodes in the repository.

> We have come across a new business rule in our system where we have to add couple of
 "new properties" on some specific condition to any new node that we add to the repository.

> My question is should we go ahead and have a mixin type for this or add these properties
as non mandatory to the primary node type.