jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Session inside Stateless Session EJB
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2009 21:04:13 GMT
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Jaco Prinsloo <jacolists@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) Every request (method) opens a session, performs the work and then closes
> the session again.
In general, we have a session open to process the request, works like
jdbc data source. It doesn't matter what environment you are using,
servlet container, ejb or standalone application.

> 2) There is one session per SLSB which is opened in PostConstruct and closed
> in PreDestroy.
This is how you actual implement the session management in EJB container.

> Are there any advantages/disadvantages to these two approaches?

I couldn't see the difference in your approaches.

-Guo