jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Relationship between IndexConfiguration and XPATH Search Queries
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:46:17 GMT
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 16:33, pkrishna <prabhakar.krishnaswami@ge.com> wrote:
> I am trying to determine the relationship between using indexConfiguration
> file (to support custom indexing) and trying to retrieve items using XPATH
> that uses attributes that is not defined in the indexConfiguration file.
>
> Our thinking  is, XPATH queries should only contain attributes that are
> being indexed? Only then will search return results.  Is our thinking
> correct?

No, by default all properties are indexed. The indexing configuration
is only there to define aggregates and other things for special
nodetypes. Because JCR is all about unstructured data (nt:unstructured
or residual property/child node definitions), the indexing does not
need to be instructed about what to be indexed.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek