jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering and FileSystems
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:56:49 GMT
On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 17:39, Dean Jones <dean.m.jones@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I suspect this is almost a FAQ by now, as I see from the archives that
> the topic has come up a couple of times, but I can't quite work out the
> definitive answer to my question.
> Basically, the wiki page on clustering says that: "each cluster
> node needs its own (private) FileSystem and Search index." I'm fine
> with the private Search index, but this leads me to think that our
> configuration, where we have all nodes in the cluster using a shared
> DB FileSystem, is wrong, and that they should instead be using a
> LocalFileSystem, which would not be on a networked file system. I'd be
> very grateful if someone could either confirm or deny this suspicion
> before I switch to using a LocalFileSystem. If I do need to switch to
> a LocalFileSystem, is there anything that I should be aware of?
> Particularly, can the LocalFileSystem easily be recreated (e.g. by
> re-registering node types, namespaces, etc) if it is deleted? Without
> invalidating existing content?

The lucene search index will always use the os file system directly
("index" subdirectory of the workspace) and does not depend on the
Jackrabbit FileSystem config.

The DBFileSystem should never be shared, afaik. Use a LocalFileSystem.

See also http://markmail.org/message/kt4z2oveid2ys5qr

Alexander Klimetschek

----------------------------< alexander.klimetschek@day.com >----------
Alexander Klimetschek, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6,
CH - 4001 Basel, T +41 61 226 55 31, M +49 151 15 77 20 56

Twitter: http://twitter.com/daysoftware

Xing: http://www.xing.com/go/invite/3268380.32d2d4
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/klimetschek
Blog: http://weblogs.goshaky.com/weblogs/alexkli/