jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Custom node or mixin added to existing node
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2009 07:53:18 GMT
On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 23:05, Michael Shoener <mshoener@softwareapps.net> wrote:
> In our application we want to allow users to create custom named tag/value
> pairs that will get stored with the document in the repository as
> properties.

Use nt:unstructured or have a custom node type / mixin with residual
property definitions (* - the heart of unstructuredness).

> I have tried using a mixin but when searching I have to search on my mixin
> type not the nt:resource (which contains the binary data) because the
> nt:resource does not contain my custom property values and they don't get
> returned with the query. But when I do that I can't query the binary content
> of the node because my query is searching against my custom mixin type I
> created.

I don't understand? Why can't you search for the mixin + a
jcr:contains fulltext search?

> Do I need to define a custom node type that extends nt:resource and allow
> arbitrary property value (if this is even possible).

Of course it is! See here http://jackrabbit.apache.org/node-types.html

Regards,
Alex

--